What are the health benefits of deworming? Everyone has high risk of getting infected by worms and it has been a very common health problem for children and adults as well.
What Is Deworming?
Deworming is the process of expelling intestinal worms or parasitic worms from the body by administering an anthelmintic (a group of anti-parasitic drugs that expel parasitic worms from the body) medicine or drug.
In more simple terms, it is a medicated process to kill worms.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Deworming?
Studies have shown that deworming has a significant impact on the health, education and livelihoods of treated individuals or children. Outcomes of deworming may include:
- Improves nutrition and decreases loss of blood (anaemia)
- Increases growth and weight gain
- Improves cognition and mental and physical development
- Increases resistance to other infections
- Supports more frequent school attendance among school children
- Improves children’s ability to learn better and be more active in school
- Increase productivity in adulthood
How Often To Deworm?
Worms being a very common health issue or challenge for both children and adults, experts recommend that deworming should be done TWICE a year or every six months, starting from the age of two years old.
Are There Side Effects Of Deworming? ALSO READ:
Deworming treatment can have some mild side effects such as dizziness, nausea, headache, and vomiting. These symptoms likely due to the worms being passed through the body and usually disappear after some time.
Are There Symptoms Of Intestinal Worms?
The common symptoms of intestinal worms are:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
- Redness or rash on the buttocks
- Urinating frequently
- Weight loss
- Tiredness, weakness or hunger due to worms.
- Blood in the stool or faeces
Prevention and Home Remedies
One of the more important aspects of prevention is basic sanitation. For example, people should always wash their hands both before and after using the toilet to avoid possible exposure.
Washing the hands before cooking or handling food is also essential. The reason for this is that many intestinal worms enter the body through the food that a person eats.
As a result, it is essential to follow some safe food and general cleanliness practices:
- Do not defecate in the open, always use a toilet
- Disinfect your toilet seat regularly
- Cook meat properly before eating
- Always wash your hands properly with water and soap before eating & after using the toilet
- Always trim your nails and keep them short & clean
- Always wear slippers or shoes while using the toilet
- Never leave food uncovered
- Always drink filtered clean or bottled water
- Do not ever eat raw vegetables and fruits without washing them with clean water
Some Home Remedies
Garlic – Raw garlic is charged with amino acids containing sulphur, which act as natural deworm for children by killing parasites and expelling them out of your body for good.
Pumpkin seeds – are rich in cucurbitacin, which can paralyze worms and make it impossible for them to survive inside the body.
is known for its medicinal properties due to an enzyme Papain found in it. This enzyme works as an anthelmintic which kills intestinal worms whereas papaya seeds help to expel worms out of the body.
Carrots – are rich in Vitamin A, known for immune-boosting properties which help your body to fight against intestinal worms.
is famous for its medicinal and antiseptic properties for long. It helps to eliminate parasitic worms from your body and also in healing internally.
Coconuts are rich in lauric acid, which forms into monolaurin, a compound known for enhancing immunity. A strong immune system helps your body ward off or eradicate parasitic worms from your body.
PLEASE: Do visit a DOCTOR concerning more complicated issues on deworming…..
What are the health benefits of deworming? Share with friends….