Tummy tuck surgery in Nigeria, cost and factors to consider. Tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgery to flatten or make your abdomen look tighter, tauter and more attractive.
It’s also done in order to remove excess skin, fat, and repairing separated muscles.
If your abdomen is saggy, loose and flabby, this procedure removes extra skin and gives the right shape to your tummy area. As protruding abdomen can be a cause of distress for men and women alike.
If you are considering to undergo tummy tuck surgery in Nigeria and the cost, there are many factors to consider. Should you travel oversea or stay in Nigeria? How about recovery after surgery? How much does tummy tuck surgery cost in Nigeria?
What about follow up appointment? Who will take care of me if there is any complication or problem? After considering all these factors, many Nigerian women are now choosing tummy tuck in Nigeria.
However, Nigerian women now prefer tummy tuck in Nigeria due to the following reasons;
- Availability of Nigeria born, foreign trained plastic surgeons are now available in Nigeria especially in Abuja (the capital territory) and Lagos state
- No need to travel abroad for surgery
- Save time and money
- Follow up appointments in Nigeria
- Opportunity to meet with a real plastic surgeon before any surgery commitment
- Family and friends available to help during recovery
- Confidential consultations
Why Get Tummy Tuck In Nigeria?
Common after pregnancies or major weight changes, Nigeria women develop excess skin and fat across the abdomen which is often resistant to diet and physical exercise.
Additionally, stretched or separated abdominal muscles generate visibly poor muscle tone in this area. Stretch marks are also a common problem in this area and a tummy tuck often eliminates them.
Who Can Undergo Tummy Tuck In Nigeria?
You may be a good candidate if you;
- Do not have any underlying medical issues
- Have completed childbearing
- Have excess abdominal skin and fat
- Do not smoke or plan to quit
- Do not have medical conditions that prohibit safe surgery and normal wound healing
- Have realistic expectation
Steps Before Surgery
Prior to surgery, you may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking well in advance of surgery
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Surgery Location And How Much It Cost In Nigeria
Your tummy tuck procedure can be performed in Abuja or in Lagos state. The exact location will be determined after your consultation and choice.
When choosing a plastic surgeon for tummy tuck in Nigeria, remember that the surgeon’s experience, results, safety, and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery.
Concerning the cost of tummy tuck surgery in Nigeria, the price may range from N500,000 to N1,000,000 naira or above depending on the issue involved.
In conclusion, do your research, make a conscious decision and be ready to take some effort to make your tummy tuck surgery a success in Nigeria.
However, choosing to undergo a cosmetic procedure in Nigeria is not a simple decision and it’s important to go into it with as much information as possible.
Also, your recovery is vital step to achieving the best and most satisfying results for your tummy tuck.