Top secret to a successful second marriage. As you know, there are many reasons that may lead to breakup in marriage.
But respect, positive communication, and having a good sense of humour go a long way in making your second marriage last a lifetime.
The second marriages are more likely to fail as compared to the first marriage. Some common reasons are family bonding, loyalty issues with stepchildren, and the co-parent rivalries.
When people are remarried there are unhealthy relationship patterns and trust issues from the first marriage that can vandalize the new relationship.
There can be even problems due to the lack of confidence and being over suspicious if you were betrayed by your former partner.
However, there are some tips that will lead to a successful second marriage as outlined below.
- Build a culture of appreciation, respect, and tolerance: There should be mutual respect and understanding between both the partners.
Appreciating them even at small moments is important in building a bond.
- Practice being vulnerable in small steps: You should be confident enough in being more open with your partner. Discussing small issues like meals or schedules is a great place to start.
- Create time and a relaxed atmosphere to interact with your partner: When talking about any important issues create an atmosphere suitable for it.
When asking for something you need, talk in an assertive manner, and be willing to see each other side of the story.
- Discuss expectations to avoid misunderstandings: Taking a risk is just dealing with hurt feelings. Talk about your expectations from each other.
- Practice forgiveness: Everyone of us comes with some flaws or short-comings. Forgiveness is really important for a relationship to go on.
- Practicing forgiveness will help you move on.
Top secret to a successful second marriage? Drop your comments.