NOTE: If you are pregnant or breastfeed, you will need to take extra fluids to keep your body hydrated. It is extremely important to drink water and keep yourself hydrated during summers.
During summers, our bodies try to cool down through the natural process of sweating, which in turn can cause dehydration. This makes it essential for us to drink more water, as less water content in the body can lead various ailments.
Are there factors that determine water intake needs during summer? YES! They are as follows;
ENVIRONMENT: If the weather is hot and humid, you will likely sweat more. This means that you need to consume higher levels of water.
ACTIVITY LEVELS: If you are doing any type of activity that makes you sweat, you need to consume additional water to replace the fluids that you lose.
OVERALL HEALTH: If you have fever or you are suffering from any illness, you may lose water from body. This can dehydrate you further due to the heat. Therefore, water is needed in order to counter-balance the effect of dehydration.
PREGNANCY OR BREASTFEEDING: If you are pregnant or breastfeed like we said earlier, you will need to take extra fluids to keep your body hydrated.
BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER
- Water helps your muscles perform at their best.
- Water can help boost your brain functions and mood.
- Water can help prevent and treat headaches.
- Drinking more water may help prevent constipation.
- Drinking water helps flush toxins from your kidney.
- Water can help make your skin look good and supple.
- Water helps prevent hangovers.
- Water helps regulate internal body temperature usually known as homeostasis.
- Drinking water fights bad breath.
- Water helps in lubricating and cushioning your joints.
- Water helps the body eliminate waste through urine and sweat.
See you looking healthier and better in this very season.