8 Important Ways We Can Pray To God As Christians? I love Luke 5:16 because it shows that just like you and me, Jesus needed a break from the demands of his busy life to recharge his batteries and spend time with his Heavenly Father.
The life of Christ is intended to give us examples we can follow and learn from.
So, even though he was God incarnate, Jesus didn’t draw on his superpowers as the Son of God when it came to facing life’s challenges.
Instead, when he was exhausted or burdened or in need of spiritual refreshment, he would “slip away” to pray — plugging into the power, perception, and purpose that can only be found in God’s presence.
Prayer is one of the most powerful weapons God has given us, and looking ahead at 2023, I believe it has never been more important for God’s people to be on our knees.
But knowing how to pray is not always easy. Jesus’ disciples felt the same confusion.
They were familiar with the oft-repeated prayers of the Torah. But Jesus prayed with a kind of authority and power they had never seen before — as though God was listening!
So when they came to Jesus, as told in Matthew 6, they didn’t say, “Teach us another prayer.” They said, “Lord, teach us to pray.”
The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9–13) is Christ’s response. It is a beautiful prayer and one that every Christian should hide in their heart — I challenged my granddaughter to memorize it.
But elegant as the words are, I do not believe Jesus intended it to become another ritualistic prayer. Rather, it was to be an example of how to pray.
With that said, are there ways we can pray to God as Christians?
Here are 8 Important ways we can pray effectively as Christians
1) By accepting Jesus as the Lord of your life and receiving fresh spiritual baptism of the Holy Spirit.
2) By having a good relationship and fellowshipping with the brethrens, saints and others in faith.
3) By attending church services to receive the power, knowledge of God and make prayers in agreement to God.
3) By hearing and meditating on the Word of God, praying in tongues for obedience and to develop our faith.
4) By speaking and declaring the words of God over every requests in our prayers.
5) By living in joy & gratitude, giving glory and thanksgiving to God for every of our accomplishment in life.
6) By being spiritual, fasting and giving offerings of sacrifice and righteousness for quick answers to our prayers.
7) By engaging in sanctifications, consecrations, moderations and planning of our activities in faith.
8.) By seeking more understanding and knowledge for our development.
Sourced from: Nairaland.com