Important Nigerian food stuff list you should know by now? Nigeria is a very ethnically diverse state with over 300 ethnic groups and over 500 languages.
You will agree with me that since there are numerous tribes and ethnicity in Nigeria, there are unique recipes and foods that are considered acceptable by every Nigerian. And there are couple of others, however, that are known only to smaller ethnic groups.
However, foodstuff list is now necessary because a lot of Nigerians within and outside the country are in search for list of Nigerian foodstuffs.
Therefore, it’s important to know that Nigerian foodstuffs and ingredients include spices and major constituents in any Nigerian recipe.
Nowadays, people often ask for the essential Nigerian food ingredients especially those traveling abroad or in need of a list of Nigeria foodstuffs for their local recipes.
In Nigeria, there are lots of foods and similarly, there are so many foodstuffs and ingredients used in making these foods, and their prices are relatively affordable too.
Although, there have been fluctuations in prices of foodstuffs recently in the market.
With that said, I’m here to show you a comprehensive list of Nigerian foodstuff and ingredients you probably know and may have used a couple of them, if possible.
The compiled list will hopefully make it easier for you to recognize them whenever you see them in Nigerian markets or in African food stores outside Nigeria.
Important Nigerian Food Stuff List You Should Know By Now?
Below is a basic list of Nigerian foodstuffs you should always have in your kitchen.
Foodstuff List – Under soup things we have:
- Egusi (Melon Seed); Can breastfeeding mum eat egusi soup?
- Ogbono (bush Mango seed)
- Achi (Soup thickener)
- Cocoyam (Ede ofe – soup thickener)
- Ofor (Soup thickener)
- Palm oil or red oil
- Dried fish (like Mangala, Asa, catfish, ile, etc.)
- Stockfish (head only, flesh only, Grass Cod, etc.)
- Dried Prawn
- Dried Snail
- Iru (locust beans)
- Ogiri (locust beans)
- Vegetables such as Ugu, water leaf, bitter leaf…
There are many types of vegetables in Nigeria, and all these vegetables are eaten every day by Nigerians, in large quantities.
- Dry Okra
- Okazi leaves; Read health benefits of Ukazi leaf.
- Ora or Oha leaves
- Bitter leaves
- Utazi Leaves;
- Scent Leaves
- Uziza leaves
- Zobo Leaves
Let’s consider some swallows available here in Nigeria
- Garri (Ijebu, Yellow, or white)
- Cassava fufu
- Pounded Yam Flour
- Yam Flour – Elubo
- Plantain fufu
- Amala; Here are amazing health benefits of Amala and Ewwdu soup
Other Foodstuff List Includes…
- Ukwa (Breadfruit)
- Abacha (Cassava flask)
- Black Beans (Akidi)
- Okpa Seed
- Guinea corn
- Ugba (African Salad)
- Ground Nut
- Dry Tiger nuts (Aki Hausa)
- Fried Ukwa
- Groundnut Snack (Kulikuli)
- Cashew Nuts
- Plantain Chips
- Chin Chin
- Bitter kola
- Uda; Can Uda seed make your breast firm?
- Cameroon Pepper (Scent Pepper)
- Pepper Soup Spice
- Yellow pepper (Ose Nsukka)
- Suya Spice
- Banga Spice
- Jollof Rice Spice
Remember, we can only provide a list of BASIC FOODSTUFFS because Nigeria foodstuffs are so many, making it impossible to list all of them in this little space.
Important Nigerian food stuff list you should know by now? Share and drop your comment
Read More Related Posts…
- Health Benefits Of Dates Juice
- Amala And Ewedu: Health Benefits Of Amala
- What Is The Easiest Way To Stop Snoring?
- Which Addiction Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking Or Smoking?
- SHOCK!!! Pregnant Woman And 15 Others Die Of COVID-19 In Edo
- Can Exercise Stop Me From Getting Pregnant?
- Can Postinor 2 Flush Out Sperm?
- Is Petroleum Jelly Good For Health?
- How Often Should Nigerian Mom Breastfeed?
- What Causes Itching After Sex?