No doubt the COVID-19 pandemic had a huge impact in our sex life. Many of us now seek for ways to curtail the spread of the deadly virus that has claimed thousands of lives just this year alone. The recent report that the virus can be found in semen adds salt to injury, and this makes using condom during sexual intercourse a MUST.
However, the summer (the warmest season of the year) is here, which is the time to relax, unwind, and often start new relationship. It is important to protect yourself from the harmful UV rays of the sun, and also from harmful STDs including COVID-19. Condoms can help you stay safe and healthy this summer.
ALSO READ:ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FEMALE CONDOM
Meanwhile, condoms must be used correctly in order to provide protection. Follow these helpful tips for proper condom usage:
- Store condoms correctly to prevent breaking – Condoms should be stored in a cool, dark place or environment.
- Do not store condoms in wallets or cars – Put them on a bedside table or in a drawer that is easily accessible in times of need.
- Condoms should be put on at the very beginning of intercourse and should not be taken off until after intercourse has ended.
- When putting a condom on, be sure to leave some room, or “a reservoir,” at the tip to prevent breakage.
- Check the expiration date and do not use expired condoms.
If you have questions or want more information regarding sexual/reproductive health, please do speak to your DOCTOR.