How to make Ginger Water? Native to Southeast Asia, ginger is common in food and medicine around the world. The ginger plant is rich in natural chemicals that can promote your health and wellness.
Ginger water, also known as ginger tea, is one way to enjoy the benefits of ginger. Read on to learn more about ginger water benefits, uses, and possible side effects.
The best way to enjoy your ginger tea or water is by using fresh ginger because it has a lot of health benefit than artificial ginger flavour.
Ginger tea can be made at home and it’s a convenient way of consuming ginger for those who can’t chew the raw ginger.
Benefit Of Ginger Tea;
- It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- It cures cold/flu
- It helps in easy digestion
- It reduces blood sugar level (Diabetes)
- It cures asthma
- It helps in weight loss
How To Make Ginger Water
Below are the simple steps;
- Wash 1.5 teaspoon of ginger root and grate it
- Boil 4 cups of water for 10 minutes
- Pour your grated ginger root into the water and boil for 15 minutes
- Turn off the gas or stove
- Strain the ginger pieces and discard it
- Add lemon juice to the liquid
- It can be served hot or cold.
Dosage: Doctor recommends consuming 3-4 grams of ginger tea per day (Pregnant women 1 gram).
Caution: Avoid taking a large quantity of ginger tea because it can cause heartburns, stomach ache and abdominal pains.
Is Ginger Water Safe During Pregnancy?
One study noted that the evidence supports the efficacy of ginger for the treatment of pregnancy nausea, but that there may be safety risks for some women.
A systematic review of studies, however, found no adverse effects caused by ginger consumption in pregnant women.
Talk to your doctor before taking any supplements or herbs during pregnancy. In some cases, diet and lifestyle changes may help reduce nausea in pregnancy:
- Eat regular, small meals
- Avoid greasy or spicy foods, since those may upset your stomach
- Sleep at least seven hours each night
- Stay hydrated
Pregnant women and diabetes patient should consult their DOCTORS first before taking it.
Since drinking of ginger tea has a few side effect, it worth a try because it encourages the drinking of more water which keeps you hydrated which help eliminate harmful toxins.
Share with friends…