She said “I bought this ampiclox from this shop yesterday, and after taking it, my urine failed to smell as usual whenever I take an antibiotic like ampiclox. It seems like this ampiclox is fake?”
My friend, on hearing such sensitive complain from a customer, decides to search all the packets of the drug he had in store just to rectify where the mistake may result from.
Lol and behold, he found out that, out of three (3) packs he bought, one pack has no active ingredient or that white substance in it. That means, the content is empty with just the covering only.
But the question here is; why my urine always smell after taking ampiclox? Actually, smelly urine does not always stem from a health condition.
Dehydration, some foods, vitamins, and some medications such as antibiotics can give urine an unpleasant odour.
Therefore, if you ever notice your urine smelling a bit funny while taking a course of antibiotics like ampiclox, don’t worry too much, some antibiotic (especially a group called sulfonamides) is being excreted in your pee, making it stink and your urine odour unpleasant.
In addition to that, artificial flavours are put in some pill coatings to make them more palatable, but they can also change the scent of your urine.
With that said, there are other common causes of smelly urine which may include the following:
4.Too much coffee
7.Urinary tract infection
11.Hormonal changes during pregnancy, etc.
Read Also;How to use uda seed to make breast firm
Like above mentioned, medications like antibiotics (ampiclox) can also lead to urine odour, because those that contain penicillin are derived from mold.
Mold is a type of fungus that consists of small organisms found almost everywhere.
That can give your urine a yeasty or fungus-like funk, but it should dissipate or go away once you run through or finish taking your antibiotic course.
Actually, a bad smell in urine often goes away on its own, especially when dehydration or something in the diet causes it.
A person does not need to see a doctor if they can identify a harmless cause of their smelly urine.
You ONLY need to see a DOCTOR if the bad smell lasts longer than a few days. This is especially important for people who are pregnant.
How To Reduce The Occurrence Of Smelling Urine
The following tips may help:
1.Drink plenty of water to support hydration and kidney and urinary tract health.
- Avoid eating foods that cause urine to smell, especially asparagus. Asparagus is a low-calorie vegetable that is an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Switch supplements, if high levels of thiamin or choline are likely to be the culprit or responsible for the smell.
- Visit the bathroom as soon as the urge strikes.
- Manage any chronic medical conditions, such as diabetes, as carefully as possible, with the guidance of a doctor.
- Having an overall healthy lifestyle and reducing or eliminating alcohol intake can protect the liver and may help get rid of the smell.
Why my urine always smell after taking ampiclox? Share and drop your comments….
Read More Related Posts…
- Allow Breeze To Enter: Benefits Of Not Wearing Panties To Bed
- Pubic Hairs: Do You Prefer Your Pubic Hairs Shaved Or Bushy?
- Always Or Longrich: Which Is The Best Sanitary Pad In Nigeria?
- Village People Or Ill Health? Why Do People Die In Their Sleep?
- Ways To Improve Mental Health In Nigeria
- Study Reveals Why Some People Get Covid Toe Condition
- Crizanlizumab: The New Drug For Sickle Cell Treatment
- SHOCK!!!Man Threatens To Sue Hospital After Doctors Allegedly Forgot Surgical Blade In His Abdomen For 3 Years
- Disease Prevention: Health Benefits Of Cocoyam Leaf
- Nigerian Foods that Help You Gain Weight Fast