It’s been a few weeks since we’ve have been asked to stay at home in an effort to defeat the novel coronavirus that has baffled the world.
Like many other businesses, beauty services are shut as we practice social distancing during the pandemic. This also means, adapting to a new normal, including skin and hair maintenance.
Perhaps, it is time to ‘go back to basics’ to find ideas for skin and hair care at home itself. Here are a few tips to take care of your skin, hair, and body during the lockdown.
You can maintain gorgeous hair and skin by following some golden rules that dermatologists recommend to all of their patients.
General tips for glowing skin – Diet and Exercise
As always, our information remains incomplete without the very important but understated lifestyle measures. Skin is the mirror of internal body. A healthy body and rested mind leads to glowing skin, there is no shortcut to that.
The aim of the lockdown is to fight the infection, hence, at this time it is all the more important to have food packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Here are a few tips for healthy skin:
- Have two local, seasonal fruits a day (in between the meals);
- Have a multi-colour salad before lunch and dinner
- Try having 50 per cent of your daily intake as raw
- Have different grains in your weekly menu which include cereals, millets as well as non-grains like buckwheat
- Include as many colours in your daily menu as possible. One green leafy and one non-green leafy vegetable daily
- Remain active and don’t be a couch potato – complete your 10,000 steps a day
- Exercise 2.5hours a week.
- Include a lot of breathing exercises in your exercise program.