7 Best Travel Credit Cards? A lot of Americans are planning to take a vacation or two this year, and one of the easiest ways to get one for little to no cost is to have a travel credit card.
That’s where CNN Underscored’s list of the best travel credit cards can come in handy.
The right credit card can earn you enough in travel rewards to make your getaway easier, or more enjoyable, or — dare we say it — even almost free.
Our comprehensive methodology compares every aspect of each travel credit card to our “benchmark credit card” — the Citi® Double Cash Card — to determine which cards can get you the most perks or rewards.
So take a few minutes to check out our list of the best travel credit cards and think about which one might get you that vacation getaway you’ve been dreaming about.
Best travel credit cards:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best overall travel card.
- American Express® Gold Card: Best “non-travel” travel card.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Best for travel purchases.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best luxury travel perks.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: Best airline travel card.
- World of Hyatt Credit Card: Best hotel travel card.
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card: Best for easy-to-use travel rewards.
Why did we select these cards as our best travel credit cards for May 2023?
Dive into the details of each card with us and see how they stack up. 👇